Wednesday 30 March 2011

Marillion Weekend 2011 - The Brazilian Diary

Marillion Weekend 2011 - The Brazilian Diary

I had spent fourteen years waiting. Days, months and years spent dreaming. Dreaming and imagining the reunion between myself and Marillion.  It would be a reunion that reason would not understand, a reunion made of pure, immeasurable love.


Thursday, March 24
I had a surreal awakening from sleep at 5am. Am I in Eden? Heart and soul answered ”Yes!”   I spent the day watching the “Out Of Season” DVD, whilst packing.  My Body and spirit were filled by the waves of sound, from my favourite symphony, while with each chord I felt closer to Eden.


At night, inside the last empty train, I invaded the silence with the passionate sounds coming out of my MP3 which occupied every inch of that train. Chiming like Big Ben with love for living in Eden. At the airport the night was swollen, but clear as the clearest of waters.

Friday, March 25
At Schiphol airport my body got lost amongst millions of others while looking for the meeting point. My spirit floated above already in Eden, watching all the confusion downstairs and whispered to me "Happiness is The Road,"... I felt relieved.   Then I saw the lights from the Marillion fan’s souls, whom like me, were already in Eden. I followed those souls and...I found the meeting point.

When I arrived at the reception at Port Zelande, I met my Italian friend. In five minutes I spoke English, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese ... and of course the international language of Eden: Marillion love. I kissed my orange, sun coloured bracelet, and gave thanks in silence: “Thank God!”  

While walking to find my cottage a guitar goddess rode past me on a bike and said ‘‘Hello!''.  I was amazed, hanging onto my bags and standing there without reaction. There was only one thought on my mind. "What the hell?"

I had waited fourteen years and so I had to get to the front.... So I reached the venue door as soon as I could. Finally!!! It started falling from the sky; H arrived to let the blue sea invade my soul. I cried, cried like a baby. I held onto the grid to keep my body steady, while my spirit hovered over 3500 heads.  It remained so throughout and until now has still not landed.

Saturday, March 26
I ran to the fun run. In Eden, the physical body does not feel the pain, and I ignored it and ran with approximately 60 other brave souls. I spent the
day between Merchandising (acquiring love), The Webs Meeting, and Marillionoke which was amazing!! I met some very good and nice people there.

I reached the door early again. A friend commented to me "They could play the “Brave” album tonight. I fully agreed. It was my sister’s (who died) favourite album (and one of my favourites). From A to Z....with each letter my soul rose higher and higher ... I was completely stunned.

Sunday, March 27
In the morning, I made a visit to Eden`s little paradise of consumption.  Not to buy, but to get a little more love.

A few hours later I was at the venue watching the Tin Spirit’s show.  They displayed their virtuosity when they played “Tom Sawyer” by Rush!

Sunday, was the last concert and my soul refused to go down... I wanted to stay there for the rest of my days hovering in the arms of the passion of 3499 souls. It was the most perfect of the three concerts, in my humble opinion, opening with “Afraid Of Sunlight”.  

"We started well'' a friend told me with a big smile.  I could not believe what happened when everything turned green for the arrival of "Pseudo Silk Kimono''.  What is this? Paradise! Then they decided to invade 3500 souls with several songs from Brave.  A friend shouted out the name of the song that everyone wanted to hear (especially his beloved wife) ''THE GREAT ESCAPE''! I and all 3499 people were screaming and asking for that anthem. The leaders answered? “ The Great Escape”!  Now I'm in another dimension and won’t come back. When “Neverland” landed at Eden, I felt sunlight on my face, cried, looked to the side and front, and saw two friends with eyes like crystals. Like me, they were immersed in the ocean of emotion. “Easter” followed. 
Then “Happiness is The Road” was Marillion`s final song, celebrating the end of the beginning of only one state of mind: gratitude. When the lights came on, people were hugging and kissing each other in perfect harmony with one another.

March, 28.

Nothing to declare. I refuse to get down from the Eden.

3 comments:

  1. "international language of Eden: Marillion love" - I know that language!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fabulous wasn't it - sadly the vibe up in the disabled area isn't quite the same as being down in the crowd, but we still had a really good time and we are still buzzing a week later.

    So sorry we didn't get to meet up - I wonder if we did pass each other and not realise it LOL!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olá, tudo bem? eu achei seu blog por um acaso, nem sei se ainda posta aqui, é que eu estou pretendendo ir no Weekend do ano que vem, poderia me dar umas dicas? não achei um e-mail aqui no blog para mandar, mas se puder me passar... valeu, estive no RJ esse mês no show do Marillion, você foi? divino!

    ReplyDelete