Wednesday 16 March 2011

You And Marillion - Mona Bergum son Story

Tomorrow on the 17th of March,at 12 noon in 1981,I gave birth to my son Morten  has always loved music and at the age of 7, I introduced him to Marillion .

As the years went by  he grew bigger and became a teenager. His relationship with Marillion started when I bought the "Seasons End" CD. He and his little sister Maren, loved the new lead singer Steve Hogarth! "Unninvited Guest","Easter" and so on...They had some new 
Idols in their lives.

Morten became a member of the Scandinavian WEB and went to concerts by the boys in several places in Europe such as, Germany,London,Holland (The convention), Norway and so on...I think he probably had been to at least 15 or 20 concerts .He would always bring back some gifts for me, CD`s,T-shirts and so on.

Often he sends me some gifts in the post,like CD boxes ,DVD`s,Marillion Magazines and T-shirts.One Christmas he bought me a book about  Marillion with autographs from the boys,WOW what a present!:))BUT,the best present of all that he gave to me and his little sister was in 2001.Marillion were  going to play in Norway and my dream came true! As a member of the WEB he ordered tickets for whole the family at Rockefeller Gig was the "x-mas tour" for the boys in December 2000.

I had never been to a Marillion concert before and I was so excited! As we entered Rockefeller it was so crowded there that  my daughter and I  couldn't see anything..:(( Suddenly as we stood there,Morten came and took our hands and led us all the way into the front of the stage. Right in front of Mr.H.and the other boys..Morten stood there with his WEB friends and I had never been so close to heaven as at that point!:)) It was a fantastic,amazing concert! Mr.H.gave his best! What a perfomer! I shall never forget his rendition of "Mad"WOW!! The guys smiled at us almost all the time and my daughter Maren fell in love withMr.H.at once!!(she was only thirteen years old!) After the Concert we met the boys. Mr.H.wrote and drew something about sandcastles,a smiling face and his autograph in Maren`s diary.(she always has the book with her.) Mr.H.was a such a  loving person that I almost got a crush on him myself..:))

As the years have gone by, Morten has taken his Father and Sister to London to the Union Chapel several times to watch Marillion.

I wanted to share this story with you as I`ve got the best son ever!! He is so loving and kind and I am so proud of him, and of my daughter as well!  He is studying to become a Professor in History.He is taking his Doctorate now in Royal Fredriks University.Tomorrow he will be thirty years old and I wish to congratulate him on his special day.

We wish a happy birthay to Morten.

We would like to thank Mona for allow us to publish her story, and thank Joanne Crutchley for the editing support. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Morten!

    It is wonderful that your family has been able to share the joy of Marillion's music with each other.

    ReplyDelete